[lbo-talk] Can Liberal Faiths Compete with Conservative Faiths? (An Appeal to Ignorance)

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Thu Jun 16 13:09:44 PDT 2005

Michael Hoover wrote:
>never sure on lbo whether poster questions are asked sincerely given
>pervasive 'new smarty' list culture (comment not intentionally
>directed to above lister) but...

Hmm, maybe we should try out a "new dummy" culture. Works nicely for some other forums. Doug <<<<<>>>>>

either/or, tit for tat, if not this then that, surely one can move beyond such crude 'dialectical' thinking, oh wait, above is irony, birthright of certain contemporary cosmopolitans, protection of sort - no matter how leaky condom is (as mark dery suggests) - against vast wasteland that sucks everyone else in...

re. dery, his point about fundamentalist christanity and conspiracy theory sharing accceptance on faith that social issues can be reduced to manichean struggle between good and evil is interesting given two topics dominating lbo-er attention in recent days... michael hoover

-------------------------------------------------------------- Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.