[lbo-talk] Church meeting rooms (and I don't mean unitarian) Re: Rationality of the Masses

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jun 19 19:30:30 PDT 2005

snitsnat wrote:

> this is so true, it ain't funny. if you actually work in leftist orgs,
> all you ever do is work with religious people: catholics, protestants,
> you name it, were involved in everything from pro-choice organizing,
> working with single mothers with a feminist org in town, labor
> organizing, the plant closing legislation organizing that went on in the
> eighties, anti-nuclear proliferation, antiwar during Gw1, antiwar now,
>
> ok, "all you ever do" is over the top, but what i mean is that leftist
> reach out to religious groups all the time, via coalition building,
> because they actively seek out groups with whom to work, etc.
>
> no one makes fun of religious people when you're organizing, protesting,
> whatever. most people are very respectful and many people are vaguely
> religious themselves, or celebrate christmas or major holidays, etc.
> what could it possibly bother anyone to be in a roomful of religious
> people.

Fuck religious people. I'm tired of religion dominating our lives and I ain't going to give some soft Christians a free pass. If you believe in stupid shit like Santa Claus or Jesus, you ought to be confronted about it. And if these liberal Christians are so wonderful, why aren't they doing more to stop the fundamentalist extremists?

Chuck