[lbo-talk] Gulag Construction Continues despite [endless] quibbling about terminology

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 20:05:13 PDT 2005

Since Michael's gonna be outta touch:

On Sunday, June 19, 2005 6:52 PM [PDT], Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://hills.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~jinouy01/freeconcentcamps.html
>
> Leigh, with what 300 million guns at least in AmeriKKKa, mostly in
> the hands of right-wing nuts, rather than left-wing nuts, there ain't
> gonna be THE CLAMPDOWN from the USG as The Clash song went.
> 1) Why bother? The Left compared to the height of 1969 is nowhere
> near the threat to the ruling class that made Nizon plot Operation
> Cablesplicer or Ollie North his detention plan.

> 2) Getting all paranoid about fascism in AmeriKKKa is one way
> lefties delude themselves they are a threat.

It *is* fascism, according to culturally flexible standards(Ex. ur-fascism).

I'm not paranoid. I'm just paying attention.

Futhermore, when I was a 16 year old kid, NASA hassled my dad's security clearance(tech writer coordinator). "They" pay attention too... even to 16 year olds( if "they" find there's easy leverage), if "they" think it'll whip the already-conforming into action to resolve the bone of "their" contention.

But that was 1970, and this is now... A kinder and gentler(tm) America.

> 3) Most leftists in AmeriKKKa, get twelve of 'em in a room, and
> almost always find they can't organize a poker game let alone running
> a union or other org. that actually struggles for something
> concrete...

I agree... with many reservations. I think that statement is somehow true of all but the most fanatically(or egotistically) driven members of *any* group. I'm not a big organization guy. I'm highly skeptical of people's leadership claims in all things.

> But, oh I forget, you want ALL of us to consume less, oh
> silly me, thinking workers, whether white or blue collar or
> unemployed/semi-employed/contingent, want and need, what dsis Lenin
> say, Bread, Land and Freedom.

I'll consume less if I damn well want to.

As Jimmy Buffet put it so aptly: "I don't WANT a giant econosize box of Junior Mints!"

Look at the bright side Michael, there's more for you(for a limited time).

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

-- Zero Surprises: No virus found in this outgoing message // lcm Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.8/22 - Release Date: 6/17/2005