[lbo-talk] Dolan on Stalin

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 12:10:13 PDT 2005

--- Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> ^^^^^^
> Does "personality cult" critique originate with
> Comrade Khrushchev ? Is it
> founded in Marxist-Leninist principles,not
> liberalism ?

Coincidentally, I started reading Taubman's book on Khrushchev this evening.

As far as I know, critique of the "kult lichnosti" started with Khrushchev (Justin? Peter?). But Khrushchev and Mikoyan and Beria and all the other Stalin epigones had their own local cults, songs about how Comrade Beria is making all the little children happy and so forth and collective farms named after Molotov and so forth. Really it was a weird time. That was a strange group of guys.

On related matters, I know nothing about Pol Pot, but suspect he was not a very nice guy.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!