[lbo-talk] Hersh

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 12:20:44 PDT 2005

On Monday, June 20, 2005 11:41 AM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

Sy Hersh paraphrased:

> * they're going to bomb the shit out of Iran, but there aren't enough
> free ground troups to mount an invasion

It's one of the reasons they've been bumping along the Syrian & Iranian borders. Hoping to find enough insurgents coming through from those countries as an excuse to bomb. Also, most plans I've seen from the Pentagon that mention troop pullbacks assume redeployment to... I think the phrase was "...nearby areas."

Probably Aghanistan, but a move towards Iran would work, everyone's already locked and loaded... ready to roll. Iraq & Iran contain 11% of the remaining recoverable oil on the planet.

Gotta have it, even if it brings the shithammer down.

It's like they *want* to re-enact the last scene of Butch Cassidy and the sundance kid with the whole muslim world as the Bolivian Army, and America as Butch & Sundance.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

-- Zero Surprises: No virus found in this outgoing message // lcm Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.9/23 - Release Date: 6/20/2005