[lbo-talk] CC's Suppose-itory

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jun 20 16:44:20 PDT 2005

i typically spend 10 minutes typing a post. When I feel luxurious, I actually spend 20. Things just whiz off my fingers and on to the keyboard and I might not always express it the best way. Not to mention that I really shouldn't freakin' have to. It's e-mail. If you want perfection, you aren't gonna get it from me.

The correct experssion is _lives in and through society_. If I wasn't such a lazy ass, I'd go search for the book and quote which freakin' page it's on. (

K Wire Release, June 20 --

After rigorous trials, a new product has been tentatively approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. In tests on men over the age of 50 who live in college towns in the mid-West, the produce works extraordinarly well without producing the dreaded side effects of logorhea so often associated with these new suppositories.

The product, when inserted as instructed, produces a cast-iron hard Phallic erection that lasts almost indefinitely. Those using CC's Suppose-itory should take care to follow precise instructions. Over-dosage results in an extreme hardness that may result in second-hand rigor mortis that operates much like second-hand smoke.

Researchers have been surprisingly pleased with the results, even though somewhat bemused by the unintended effects on the appearance of the Phallic erection. They note that the Phallus looks strikingly like a red felt-tipped marker. While satisfied with its amazing hardness (it remains of ordinary length), researchers worry that it lacks substance and may not produce the desired stimulatory effects in recipients of the suppose-itory-enhanced Phallus. Researchers have applied for more funding in order to produce a variation that will produce a more satisfying circumference.

The only side-effect that FDA researchers detected was registered among recipients of the ejaculatory fluid wildly flung about by those using CC's suppose-itory. Recipients reported various reactions to contact with the ejaculatory fluid produced by the Marking Pen Phallus, as researchers have fondly named it. Possible effects on those who must endure contact include: boredom, stupor, drowsiness, crambe repetita, blurred vision, slowed brain and central nervous system response, glazed eyes with ordinary ejaculant exposure, with more voluminous quantities glazed eyes can be accompanied by runny nose and, possibly, uncontrollable drooling as ejaculant works on nervous system.

Smooch! Now, I could run up one side and down the other explaining where idealism is in the discipline.

If, by now, you think I'm a plantonist, then I won't bother anymore. I'm not going to sit around and excise "whifs" of Plantonism from my typage at this list, just for you. So, I'll filter on the words Platonism and be done with rilly rilly silly axe-grinding posts.

Carrol Cox wrote via Ted Winslow's post:

>Phrases such as "realizes himself in and through society" are what lead
>me to think of much sociology (no matter how explicitly anti-Platonic)
>as having at least a _whiff_ of the Platonic. This proposition seems to
>me to turn Marx on his head. The human person does not realize
>him/herself in society; the human person has no existence in
>abstraction
>from society (or social relations). Civil society is the realm of
>non-persons, of those who are defined by their abstract function
>(citizen, voter, worker, capitalist, mother, etc), of the "abstract --
>_isolated_ -- human individual." We are _always_ already participating
>in social relations, and it is a radical abstraction to try to think of
>a person as an individual who then attempts to realize him/herself in
>society.

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin