[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the Need for Meaning

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 07:19:58 PDT 2005

On 6/17/05, snitsnat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

in that sense, i totally agree with carrol. the continued existence of religion and spirituality (attribution of the experience of the power of society to something supernatural) will continue to drop away. that it exists today doesn't convince me that it won't go away. And, we'll still have plenty of religion. no one today, though, would recognize it as such -- well some would. ===

i do believe i can agree with this 100%.

-- Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead