[lbo-talk] Straw in the wind: Republican base dividing on Iraq

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 21 08:49:34 PDT 2005

>[lbo-talk] Straw in the wind: Republican base dividing on Iraq
>Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
>Tue Jun 21 08:23:35 PDT 2005
<snip>
>Doug just emailed an article that reports that 59% of Americans
>oppose the war. These numbers will grow and can only be turned
>around, briefly, by the capture of Osama bin Laden. In fact, bin
>Laden is the only ace that Bush still has up his sleeve to boost
>his ratings.

I agree with Chuck that Political Christians are overrated, but the Republican Party and the Democratic Leadership Council still have one more ace up their sleeve: Hillary "Walking Eagle" Clinton. Seeing polls on Election 2008 (!) at <http://www.pollingreport.com/2008.htm>, I conclude that "Walking Eagle" has a potential to do great damage unless Iraqi guerrillas, anti-war activists here, and anti-war activists and power elites abroad manage to motivate Washington to cut losses in Iraq and call it quits by 2007. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Monthly Review: <http://monthlyreview.org/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>