[lbo-talk] Noonan blasts Klein

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:44:27 PDT 2005

On 6/23/05, snitsnat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> that'd be nice, but I didn't see anything in Noonan's piece to indicate
> conciliation. for instance, the last section was classic pnoonan rhetoric:
>
> "It seems hard to believe, not because it isn't true but because it isn't
> likely, usual, expected. It isn't the kind of biography we are used to in
> our leaders. That is her great advantage."
>
> IOW, HRC is pure slime. Let's get the goods.

well, and the part about the "deep intractable leftist political agenda". more noonan myth-making. as if a college senior thesis on saul alinsky makes one an intractable leftist, despite one's gutting of welfare (does she also think david horowitz is an intractable leftist?). i especially like it that no one, apparently, has read this mysterious senior thesis, so they can talk it up all they want. noonan makes it sound like hillary's _mein kampf_.

-- Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead