[lbo-talk] Sad Songs Say So Much

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 12:12:09 PDT 2005

Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division.

When routine bites hard and ambitions are low. And resentment rides high but emotions won't grow. And we're changing our ways taking different roads.

Love, love will tear us apart again. Love, love will tear us apart again.

Why is the bedroom so cold turned away on your side? Is my timing that flawed our respect run so dry? Yet there's still this appeal that we've kept through our lives.

Love, love will tear us apart again. Love, love will tear us apart again.

Do you cry out in your sleep, all my failings expose? Gets a taste in my mouth as desperation takes hold. Why is it something so good just can't function no more?

Love, love will tear us apart again. Love, love will tear us apart again. Love, love will tear us apart again...

&

Hyper Ballad by Bjork.

We live on a mountain Right at the top There's a beautiful view
>From the top of the mountain
Every morning I walk towards the edge And throw little things off Like: Car parts, bottles and cutlery Or whatever I find lying around

It's become a habit A way To start the day

I go through all this Before you wake up So I can feel happier To be safe up here with you

It's early morning No one is awake I'm back at my cliff Still throwing things off I listen to the sounds they make On their way down I follow with my eyes 'til they crash Imagine what my body would sound like Slamming against those rocks

When it lands Will my eyes Be closed or open?

I go through all this Before you wake up So I can feel happier To be safe up here with you

Dennis (haunted by these tunes)