[lbo-talk] When is private property NOT?

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 12:55:23 PDT 2005

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kelley wrote:
>
> "you don't understand. Chuck0 IS the anarchist
> movement. Chuck0 runs a web site that gets 57.934
> bazillion hits a month and he has plans for an
> anarchist wiki. everything Chuck0 says, anarchists
> agree with him. If you don't, then you aren't an
> anarchist. Anarchisms is about right thinking."
>
> That's exactly what it amounts to. I don't know how
> many people on LBO-Talk have weird, fucked up ideas
> of
> anarchism because of Chuck0 but the numbers can't be
> small. You'd *have* to be an unemployed internet
> nerd
> to be able to tirelessly advocate the bizarre
> particular view on anarchism Chuck0 does.

It's strange that the above section seems to refute the notion of "right thinking" regarding anarchism, while marginalizing one person's view on anarchism as "fucked up" and "bizaare." Anarchism is not a monolithic view, and no one has said so. No movement, successful or otherwise, has been without conflict and internal dissent.

> And the whole "I dunno about you, but I'm down here
> in
> the trenches with the REAL movement" posturing is
> really fucking old.

So is the whole "you criticize the very things you claim to uphold" posturing.

--adx

"Mary Poppins is alive and well in Argentina, she sends her regards." - Rod McKuen, The Mud Kids

__________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Find restaurants, movies, travel and more fun for the weekend. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html