[lbo-talk] Woodman on history

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 28 14:04:12 PDT 2005

[from today's Page Six]

BORED BY 9/11

WOODY ALLEN thinks 9/11 is like, so yesterday! The neurotic New Yorker tells Teutonic title Der Spiegel: "As a filmmaker, I'm not interested in 9/11 . . . it's too small, history overwhelms it. The history of the world is like: He kills me, I kill him, only with different cosmetics and different castings. So in 2001, some fanatics killed some Americans, and now some Americans are killing some Iraqis. And in my childhood, some Nazis killed Jews. And now, some Jewish people and some Palestinians are killing each other. Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again." Unlike Allen's movies?