[lbo-talk] Re: foxy!

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 30 08:14:15 PDT 2005

At 09:50 AM 6/30/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:

>And as I said about a thousand times last year, that was part of the
>point! There are a lot of left-of-center types who are looking to a Dem as
>a relief from the awfulness of W. There's nothing like a Dem in power to
>cure that illusion.
>
>Watching Biden go on wishing the president success in Iraq, or Hillary
>parsing the merits of an anti-flag-burning law rather than a
>constitutional amendment - these make me want to scream.
>
>Doug

wasting your breath Doug. They won't listen to you. You've said it 'til you're blue in the face. They don't believe you -- do they know motivations better than you know them? Dunno.

I think we should place bets now on who'll be Shrubya's successor. Personally, I thought they'd be cracked to try to run Jeb, but I'm starting to think that it's the plan.

So, put me down now: Jeb's going to run next -- and he'll win. Billary will be the Dem candidate since the Dem's are professional losers!

I'd much rather listen to Obama speak though. Gush.

And why oh why are people so surprised that someone with aspirations to the presidency would speak this way. See, I think you really buy into the idea that democrats should be better than that. What a gas!

Kelley

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin