[lbo-talk] dee-lux propaganda hook comin' your way

Andy F andyf274 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 08:50:05 PDT 2005

Ex-Hostages Say Iran Leader-Elect a Captor

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer 28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The White House said Thursday it is taking seriously the allegations of some former American hostages who say they believe that Iran's president-elect was one of their captors in the late 1970s. ADVERTISEMENT

"I think the news reports and statements from several former American hostages raise many questions about his past," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said of the Iranian president-elect Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "We take them very seriously and we are looking into them to better understand the facts."

<http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050630/ap_on_re_us/iran_former_hostages_21;_ylt=AnN37jZYcdoqIuFNZTtK7xVSw60A;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl>