[lbo-talk] dee-lux propaganda hook comin' your way

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:25:33 PDT 2005

There was a story on US National Public Radio awhile back that indicated that those who participated in the embassy take-over in 1979 were esteemed nowadays. So it's hardly surprising if someone in that group now became President. (After all, several people (e.g., Eisenhower, Kennedy) have become President of the US based partly on their participation in enterprises popularly seen as heroic.)

Of course, that doesn't seem a justification for a US war on Iran.

Ex-Hostages Say Iran Leader-Elect a Captor

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050630/69726eda/attachment.htm>