[lbo-talk] Ever more opportunities....

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 15:47:42 PDT 2005

Leigh Meyers wrote:

>Ya wouldn't suppose that people that are dumb enough to have an
>advertisement tattoo'd on their foreheads have dumb kids too....

I don't know that the problem here is that the poor are stupid. I think the mainstream press would label her "enterprising" -- just the way they labeled those kids who put up a lemonade stand to raise money for cancer treatments for one of their friends.

Cause after all, we're an enterprising nation, if kids need an education, why then their parents can become tatooed billboards; if a kid needs medical care, then it's time to start squeezing lemons.

Aren't free markets wonderful?

Joanna