[lbo-talk] India's Wipro to open software development center in Beijing

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:44:46 PST 2005

After Infy, Wipro plans centre in China

PTI[ WEDNESDAY, MARCH 02, 2005 02:13:46 PM]

BEIJING: Indian IT major Wipro Technologies plans to open its first software development centre in the Chinese capital.

"We plan to have a software development centre in China in Beijing within the next five to six months," Chief Strategy Officer of Wipro Technologies Sudip Nandy said.

"We are now talking to Chinese officials on the modalities," Nandy said, adding the company plans to locate the centre in China at the Zhongguancun Software Park, which is often dubbed as China's 'Silicon Valley.'

Wipro is expected to be the first Indian IT major to open a software development facility in Beijing as others, including Infosys and Satyam have opened their software facility in Shanghai, the commercial hub of the Communist giant. TCS has chosen Hangzhou in east China for its software development facility.

Beijing officials are rolling out the red carpet for Indian software companies and held a successful 'Sino-India Software Industry Cooperation Summit' here on February 27.

Wipro, the latest entrant to China among India's software majors, opened its office in Shanghai late last year by establishing Wipro (Shanghai) Limited, which is an office-cum-delivery centre.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1038074.cms