[lbo-talk] U.S. working class: buncha morons

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Mar 2 14:26:59 PST 2005

"skills" are hard to judge in a general way. When I got to my local farmers market, I notice that the folks who come in from the fields to sell produce can do pretty good arithmetic, perfectly, in their heads. On the other hand, I know lots of folks with college degrees and twenty years' work experience in "professional" white-collar "think" jobs who can't write their way out of a paper bag.

Joanna