[lbo-talk] U.S. working class: buncha morons

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:18:53 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: joanna bujes To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:26 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] U.S. working class: buncha morons

"skills" are hard to judge in a general way. When I got to my local farmers market, I notice that the folks who come in from the fields to sell produce can do pretty good arithmetic, perfectly, in their heads. On the other hand, I know lots of folks with college degrees and twenty years' work experience in "professional" white-collar "think" jobs who can't write their way out of a paper bag.

Joanna

One of the prerequisites for my employment at Seagate as a precision mechanical inspector (pms... heh) was the ability to write a legible, readable report.

I quickly learned why.

The "engineers" couldn't.

L http://www.geocities.com/leighcmeyers http://www.furl.net/members/leigh__m/rss.xml