[lbo-talk] W gloats; Clinton cheerleads

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 9 11:27:45 PST 2005

> Asked about huge demonstrations on Tuesday, sponsored by
> Hezbollah, that demanded just the opposite, Mr. Clinton said:
> "I find it inconceivable that most Lebanese wouldn't like it if
> they had their country back. You know, they want their
> country back and they ought to get it." ...

This is the kind of thing that reminds you of one of the most disturbing things about Clinton. It's very doubtful that he actually believes some of the stuff he says, particularly something this dumb. Clinton is not dumb, just kind of evil.

And he's also a very smart lawyer. When you look at this statement word-for-word, it's all technically true. Given the context, it amounts to a lie, of course.