[lbo-talk] U.S. Reports Accelerating Job Growth

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Mar 9 15:19:30 PST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:

> T Fast wrote:
>
>> Time to GPL the title give something to the commons.
>
> This list, and the radio show, are all unpaid labor. I think I contribute
> enough to the commons with those.

Question: do you expect to earn significant royalties from Wall St. (your book, I mean, not that den of iniquity) in the coming years? If it's going out of print anyway, why not contribute to Creative Commons?

Being someone who does not solely rely on the production of unique intellectual property to earn a living, I may be missing something here, but what's the point of maintaining strict control over the reproduction of creative work in a book-going- out-of-print situation like this?

Miles