[lbo-talk] U.S. Reports Accelerating Job Growth

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 9 15:48:09 PST 2005

Miles Jackson wrote:

>Question: do you expect to earn significant royalties from Wall St.
>(your book, I mean, not that den of iniquity) in the coming years?
>If it's going out of print anyway, why not contribute to Creative
>Commons?
>
>Being someone who does not solely rely on the production of unique
>intellectual property to earn a living, I may be missing
>something here, but what's the point of maintaining strict
>control over the reproduction of creative work in a book-going-
>out-of-print situation like this?

None. I could theoretically earn a few hundred bucks in royalties over the next couple of years, but only theoretically, since Verso - how to put this gently? - isn't always reliable about making royalty payments. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the effort of doing a second, seriously updated edition, but that's a totally different question. I spent six years writing Wall Street and made <$10,000 on it, and would like to squeeze another couple of bucks out of it if I could. But that doesn't seem likely, so I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do with it in its present, slightly outdated form.

Doug