[lbo-talk] W gloats; Clinton cheerleads

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 10 07:12:28 PST 2005

John Lacny wrote:

>Farmelant, you're obviously a well-read person, which is why it takes a
>titanic effort on your part to be this obtuse. In case you haven't noticed,
>we're in the middle of a fight to preserve Social Security, a fight that we
>appear to be winning at least for the time being. But it is a fight that we
>would not even have to have if Kerry had won

Probably not, but we should be honest about this. Clinton was on his way to a privatization, until it was derailed by Monica. And it wouldn't surprise me at all that a Pres Hillary would do the job. We should be grateful Bush proposed it, because it's getting opposition it might not otherwise get.

Doug