[lbo-talk] Marketing the Chronicles of Narnia

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:02:10 PST 2005

>From: "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net>
>
>Anybody read these? I was thinking of
>making them a present to my little one,
>who is a voracious reader.

I ran across Lion, Witch, Wardrobe many decades ago in the second grade and can't remember whether we pupils read the book ourselves or were read to. All I can recall of the story itself is that walking into the wardrobe triggered some time shift, which struck me as pretty neat at the time; any theological significance of the plot was lost on me.

A better book I encountered in second grade had tales of Babi Yaga, a Russian witch who lived in a house on chicken legs that rotated when she was away from home. They were terrific stories, and I find it strange that I have never seen any reference to Babi Yaga as children's reading since.

Carl