[lbo-talk] Marketing the Chronicles of Narnia

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Mar 10 18:12:36 PST 2005

Max B. Sawicky wrote:

> Anybody read these? I was thinking of
> making them a present to my little one,
> who is a voracious reader.

I read the entire series when I was 8 and loved them. I didn't even know about the Christian angle until I was an adult science fiction fan. Of course, I also didn't know that the rock band Rush was an Ayn Rand cover band until a decade after I was out of high school.

Narnia won't hurt your kids. Look how I tuned out. In my opinion as a radical librarian, anything that your child reads is preferable to being raised by the TV and video games.

Chuck