[lbo-talk] Marketing the Chronicles of Narnia

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Mar 11 08:59:31 PST 2005

Chuck:
> Look how I tuned out. In my opinion as a
> radical librarian, anything that your child reads is preferable to being
> raised by the TV and video games.

For once I have to agree with Chuck. I was raised on books (my mother was a librarian), very little TV, went to a catholic school - and turned anarchist by the age of 18. Not bad, huh? Anarchism lost most of its intellectual appeal to me throughout the years - I find its knee-jerk populism intellectually naïve - but the defiance of the status quo, authority, and public pieties is still there, alive and kicking. In fact, ridiculing public pieties is my favorite pastime.

Wojtek