[lbo-talk] bankruptcy

Andy F andyf274 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 07:04:20 PST 2005

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Agreed. Can't hurt to be informed. But you have to
> take a do-it-yourself book for what it is worth,
> which
> is sort of off-the-shelf legal advice. jks

Maybe I should specify my circumstances -- I did the (simpler) Chapter 7, had no car nor real estate, and outside of a 401k (which I understand is *typically* considered exempt) everything fit in the exemption allowances. Plus it resulted from long-term unemployment, and I filed in a blessedly progressive state. It was a lot of work, I had a flexible employment situation, and I tend to be obsessive about researching stuff.

If I had any doubts, I'd call a lawyer.

Andy