[lbo-talk] Marketing the Chronicles of Narnia

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:17:04 PST 2005

>From: Andy F <andyf274 at yahoo.com>
>
>--- Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A better book I encountered in second grade had
> > tales of Babi Yaga, a
> > Russian witch who lived in a house on chicken legs
> > that rotated when she was
> > away from home. They were terrific stories, and I
> > find it strange that I
> > have never seen any reference to Babi Yaga as
> > children's reading since.
>
>Do you remember the version or edition? I hear bits
>and pieces of this and would love to hear more.
>
>Andy

Wish I could be more helpful, but as I said my recollections of second grade are hazy. I can see it's going to be a full-time job in my dotage trying to remember what the hell I was up to in my younger years. I do think it's odd that Russian folk tales could somehow have found their way into the curriculum of a US public school (albeit in Massachusetts) during the 1950s.

Carl