[lbo-talk] Paris shut down

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 12 09:46:34 PST 2005

>I think this was all happening as the Olympics auditioning
>commmittee was visiting Paris. I was a bit annoyed to hear that,
>because I badly want New York to lose - enough of turning this city
>into a theme park! Now Paris is going to look bad, damn.
>
>Doug

Don't worry. The mass demonstrations were perfectly coordinated with the IOC visitors so that their travel route was not only completely unimpeded by the demo but (according to yesterday's Le Journal evening news on Channel 25 in NY) even went more smoothly than it would have in ordinary Paris traffic. Only an arrogant billionaire prick like Bloomberg could imagine NYC as a plausible site compared to Paris.

Shane