[lbo-talk] Churchill and Thomas Brown

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:40:11 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 1:15 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Churchill and Thomas Brown

On 14 Mar 2005 at 10:09, James Heartfield wrote:

> And criticising Churchill while he is under attack? Well, the essay was
> written before the Roosting Chickens controversy.

For what it's worth the essay was in the process of being written before the controversy flared up so Brown decided to post an incomplete and unchecked partial version of the essay to insure media coverage for himself. He claims he did so because it would likely have been ignored otherwise. The very definition of opportunism in my opinion.

John Thornton

~~~

For what it's worth, I was listening to BBC the other evening and they were covering Malaria abatement in Africa. One of the things being discussed was the distribution of insecticide treated tents.

I considered ripping it to an Mp3 for posterity, but I didn't... figuring I'd find it on the BBC website.

Nope.

The story was there... but no mention of the tents.

Or the type of "insecticide"...

L http://www.leighm.net http://www.furl.net/members/leigh_m/rss.xml