[lbo-talk] Clever devils get the bird

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Mar 14 21:38:49 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Kelley cited the (London) Times saying:

> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1423032,00.html
>
> Clever devils get the bird
> Roger Dobson and Maurice Chittenden

<snip>

> Relationship experts say professional men prefer to marry women "like their
> mum" who will provide the domestic support while they go out to work.
>
> Women achievers, however, find it difficult to find men willing to
> sacrifice their careers to become house husbands.

<snip>

> The results may explain why a sharp-witted man like Vic Reeves, 45, the
> comedian, appears to have found wedded bliss with Nancy Sorrell, 30 --
> perhaps she is highly intelligent, but her jobs as underwear model and lap
> dancer have certainly enabled her to hide the fact.

Another way to look at this is that Nancy Sorrell doesn't have a career to sacrifice.

Which brings me to another angle on this problem: IMLE, woman almost never marry down -- they almost never marry someone significantly less successful than themselves. Which is what you have to do if you want a househusband.

Michael