[lbo-talk] Bush's 'audacious plan' two years on

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 15:01:30 PST 2005

Michael Pollak forwarded the WSJ article linked below to the list March 17, 2003. I'll be on a well-deserved malt liquor binge the anniversary proper, so I thought I'd spend tonight contemplating just how far off the Bushite 1year/$2 billion guesstimate was.

Interestingly most of my colleagues (generally conservative to a man) who admit frustration w/ the president and his disastrous wars - a number growing weekly - do so b/c of the wildly escalating costs. I think it was Max who on his weblog noted that no gambler concerned w/ his or her own advantage would buy a raffle ticket w/o knowing both the cost of the ticket and the odds of winning. Cold, amoral and heedless of the Iraqis as this this line of criticism is, it does demonstrate unambiguously that these idiots have screwed us mightily.

<http://squawk.ca/lbo-talk/0303/1364.html>