[lbo-talk] leftwing hate machine

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 11:31:37 PST 2005

--- Dwayne > In my experience, when the subject of left-leaning
> blogs and "hate" comes up, the
> subtext of the conversation is that vaguest of
> emnities, hatred of America.

That's good, Dwayne, right, I think you got it, better and more accurately than I did. Actually this is why Kell's and my (and Chomsky's) frank avowal of hating the things we hate and which deserrve hatred doesn't help. It's read as hating America, which is a personal attack on people's psychic integrity. On the other hand my own genuine patriotism -- which is not opportunistic or a cynical or even a merely pragmatic attempt to wrap myself in the flag -- is discounted by the right and denounced by the left. So go figure. Can't win, i guess.