[lbo-talk] leftwing hate machine

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Mar 17 09:48:52 PST 2005

Michael Dawson wrote:

> Reason #2 (ethical/long-run practical): Two wrongs don't make a right
> (witness USSR, Israel). The left makes advances in history by building up
> movements of truth and love (witness Gandhi, MLK, most of the Latin American
> left). It creates embarrassment for itself when it turns to propaganda and
> sheer shoving matches.

Even Gandhi and MLK were involved in propaganda and shoving matches. Sheesh! Gandhi's Salt March was an exercise in nonviolent shoving of the British and it was designed to embarrass them.

MLK was a brilliant propagandist. Ever hear of his "I Have a Dream" speech? MLK was a preacher, i.e. propagandist.

Chuck