[lbo-talk] M19 in New York City

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Sun Mar 20 18:00:31 PST 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 11:42 AM, Nathan Newman wrote:

> I can see the left criticiquing their politics, but the left
> isn't even trying to recruit new members among their ranks.
>
> The sectarian left has become an isolated echo chamber, talking only to
> itself,

... and later, to yoshie ...

> That single comment by you, Yoshie, makes everything you say about
> Democratic activists absolutely worthless, since you obviously have
> zero
> empirical evidence to back up your statements.

I'd like to see someone present some 'empirical' evidence that the left is either sectarian or isolated. Targeted I might buy, but as a lefty, I take exception to what I read as a smear.

Christ, in an echo chamber you'd be hearing the same thing all time. I've never heard the same thing twice ... oh, never mind. I've heard 'solidarity' quite a few times.

Martin