[lbo-talk] 'big house'

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Mar 22 07:38:13 PST 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 6:56 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
>> Hey, the standard for "big house" is now down to 2000 sq. ft!?
>
> My car-hating pal Charlie Komanoff says 3000.

When we left Cupertino in '01 it was between 2000 and 2700 (on a 5000 sq ft R1 zoned lot) in our neighborhood. Since that area was originally 850 sq ft redwood homes, the new ones were HUGE. And they created a lot of resentment among folks who regarded the original development as quality suburban planning. (Sunset - Nov 52)

Martin