[lbo-talk] debate: Featherstone vs. apologists for evil

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 22 10:48:23 PST 2005

Dear EmailNation Subscriber,

We wanted to invite you to the sixth in our series of debates between The Nation and The Economist on Wednesday, April 6 at Manhattan's New York Society for Ethical Culture. We'll also be web-casting the event so watch this space for info on that as well as TV and radio broadcast times.

What's Good for Wal-Mart is Good for America? A Debate between The Nation and The Economist

A battle of ideas between two of the world's oldest weekly magazines featuring:

Liza Featherstone Contributing Editor, The Nation and Jonathan Tasini, President, Economic Future Group

vs.

Ben Edwards, American Business Editor, The Economist and Steven Malanga, Senior Fellow, The Manhattan Institute

Moderated by WNYC's Brian Lehrer

Wednesday, April 6, 2005; 7:00 to 9:00 pm (doors open: 6:00)

New York Society For Ethical Culture 2 West 64th Street

Admission FREE; No Reservations; Seating limited; Please arrive early. For more info: http://www.economist.com/events/walmart/

Sponsored by The Economist, The Nation and the New York Society for Ethical Culture.

We also wanted to assure everyone that we're intent on taking the show on the road, so watch this space for details about upcoming debates and Nation events around the country.

Best Regards, Peter Rothberg, The Nation