[lbo-talk] Re: terri schiavo

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 22 13:41:05 PST 2005

At 04:15 PM 3/22/2005, Marta Russell wrote:
>>a lousy $100,000. What?
>

>sorry it was one million. I left off some zeros in my haste to get to my
>chiropratic appt.
>

>>>Here's the part I haven't seen discussed on this list:
>>>She was bulemic. The heart attack was caused by a potassium imbalance,
>>>which was caused by her bulemia.
>

>I saw a neurologist on MSNBC who had been one of Terri's doctors. He
>stated very clearly that she was not in a persistant vegetative state and
>that she had not had a heart attack which some papers are reporting. He
>said there would be enzymes present in the blood if it had been a heart
>attack and that there were none found. So he says the docs did not really
>know what had happened to her. He said there should be an investigation
>of the circumstances re her impairment. He also remarked that he was
>certain that Terri was conscious of his visit to her bedside, i.e., he was
>reading response.

But, can I still sue my ex-exploiter? :)

What I heard on the radio yesterday doesn't confirm the above. I've since also heard that the whole rift started when the paretns wanted some of that money from the first lawsuit. They wanted some of the settlement money and Schiavo wanted it for her treatment/trust fund. Sonshine is working for the law firm that represented Schiavo in the malpractice suit, so maybe I can confirm that, though I doubt Sonshine will talk shop since he's supposed to keep his lips zipped. And, here in limpdick--I live 15 miles from Pinellas Park--the talk is that the Schiavo father is a control freak and a total asshole and they've been smearing the husband right and left.

Schiavo could do the same to them and he hasn't, in spite of all the abuse heaped on him. My money's on the likelihood that the parents were greedy at one time and, since if the husband divorces, they stand to gain $100k, book and movie deals, talk show circuits and a reality based TV show -- Why put up with this abuse if you could have gotten what you wante--$1 million--by dropping the case?

kelley