[lbo-talk] Re: terri schiavo

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Mar 22 14:07:29 PST 2005

>Schiavo could do the same to them and he hasn't, in spite of all the
>abuse heaped on him. My money's on the likelihood that the parents
>were greedy at one time and, since if the husband divorces, they
>stand to gain $100k, book and movie deals, talk show circuits and a
>reality based TV show -- Why put up with this abuse if you could
>have gotten what you wante--$1 million--by dropping the case?

I am certainly not claiming to know the personal details of this case. I don't know what I would do if the situation presented itself in my life.

But Hubby has a great deal invested in his word now. He would risk being run out of town on a rail if he took the $1 million offered by whoever it was that offered the bucks last week if he would divorce Terri. Besides, couldn't Hubby get all those same perks when Terri is dead -- book deal, TV series, etc.?

This is my fourth post today -- I'm signing off out of respect for the Henwood.

Marta --