[lbo-talk] debate: Featherstone vs. apologists for evil

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 22 15:20:52 PST 2005

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>In the current NYRB the Evil Empire itself -- Wal-Mart
>-- has two-page spread justifying itself in terms of
>its service to the community.

Which was a response to Simon Head's excellent review article in the NYRB last December. Took 'em some time. I've already recorded an interview with Head for this Thursday's radio show - I'm about to go edit it.

Along with Head on this Thursday's show will be three staffers from Spread Magazine, the first pub for sexworkers <http://www.spreadmagazine.org>. That makes it the "Head & Spread" edition of Behind the News.

> Liza's got 'em pinned
>and wriggling! A dangerous woman, evidently. I think
>we should be properly impressed. And encouraged. You
>go, Liza!

I couldn't agree more!

Doug