[lbo-talk] Make my day in the Giant Wang

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 11:33:21 PST 2005

Some time ago I read a very interesting book called No Duty To Retreat: Violence and Values in american Historya nd Society, by Richard Maxwell Brown, some legal history about how the US departed from the common law tradition that there is a duty to retreat if you can do so, lots of fun stuff about Western gunfighters and their less romantic descendants like Bernie Goetz (remember him)? It's short, 175 pp. of text, I recommend it. jks