[lbo-talk] dumbest spam of the day

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Wed Mar 23 13:29:18 PST 2005

>From: Doug Henwood
>

>>Drae Bcralays Memebr,
>>
>>Thsi eliam was setn by the Braclays serevr to verify yruo emali
>>aerddss. You muts comptele tsih procses by cgnikcil
>>on the likn belwo and entenirg in the sllam winodw yuor Balcrays
>>Membership number, passcode and memorable word.
>>Tihs is doen for yoru protectoin - becaesu semo of our mebmers no
>>lonreg heva access to thrie email aerddsses and we
>>msut virefy it. To virefy yoru emali adderss and accses yruo bkna
>>accuont, ccilk on the lkni beolw:

The writing style is similiar to a letter my mom sent me earlier today:

* "Subject*:* * FW: Hypoglycemia...this is really neat

This is absolutely amazing! I read every word without blinking an eye!

Typoglycemia

Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt. * *

I guess this means spelling should not be an issue for report writiing!