[lbo-talk] the Green Nazi platform

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:36:58 PST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:16:10 -0500, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> Celi Ben wrote:
>
> >It's interesting to click through the articles in this Idaho
> >independent newspaper, because if you went by the most frequent
> >topics of plight of family farmers and int'l economic agreements,
> >criticism of Bush and aspects of the war, health topics like
> >aspartame and whether you should vaccine your kids, it wouldn't seem
> >to be that different from progressive focuses, which would initially
> >make you hope for a potential alliance.
>
> Either that, or rethink the "progressiveness" of some of these
> positions. E.g., maybe our economic problems are more homegrown than
> they are the result of international economic agreements, and maybe
> opposition to vaccination is a nutty and reactionary position to
> hold. Maybe anxiety about foreigners and xenobiotics has a lot in
> common with anxiety about race-mixing, no?
>
> Doug

Or opposition to flouride. Santa Cruz, Ca. , a very leftist town, passed a proposition in the early 90's pushed by my old NAM comrade, Mayor Mike Rotkin stopping the flouridation of water. The article I remember reading later in the S.F. Chronicle quoted Mike joking that in the 60's only the John Birch Society objected to flouridation.

The Kubrick Site: Brian Siano on 'Dr. Strangelove' ... Conspiracy "sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." ... http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0017.htm -- Michael Pugliese P.O.E. Purity Of Essence