[lbo-talk] Shaivo finale on my part (for real)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 25 11:24:28 PST 2005

Marta Russell wrote:

> >You make it sound like he just woke up one day and said "hey wait a
> >minute, now I remember, she didn't want to live this way"
> >which is totally bogus. He has been saying the same thing
> >since day one.
> >John Thornton
>
> prove it.
> Marta

Marta, we don't have to prove it. These facts are amongst the given, and the burden of proof is on those who would contest them.

In fact the facts are _so_ given that there is no reason to even listen to further debate on the facts. And the facts are that she is _not_ a disabled person, because to be a disabled person one has to first be a person. There is no evidence -- not just weak evidence but _no_ evidence -- that she is a person, disabled or otherwise, and neither you nor Carl has offered any argument that would persuade me to think that there is anything to argue about.

Would you argue that it was a threat to the disabled if someone decided to unthaw the cryogenically frozen corpse? The case is essentially the same. She is a corpse, not a disabled person. And you are attacking your own allies in this thread.

Carrol