[lbo-talk] Re: worker freedom of choice

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 08:32:02 PST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:55:10 -0600, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
> > [clip]
> > I have mellowed my righteous anger directed at those who make consumption choices that are
> > extremely harmful when equally priced alternatives exist
>
> Leaving aside organized boycotts, strikes, etc., how can a consumption
> choice be harmful? Why in the world should I or anyone waste my time
> deciding whether Corporation A or Corporation B is the least evil? I
> really don't understand why private consumption choices should be a
> topic of conversation at all.
>

> > but it seems Tully is asking about
> > something a little different.
>
> I don't understand his/her use of the term "surplus." How in the world
> can one determine what is surplus and what is not in one's personal
> life. "Surplus" is intelligible only as referring to capital, not to
> wages (be they high or low). We can argue about the proportion of a
> leftist's income which should go to left organizations, etc. but I at
> least have no interest in any discussion of what I should or shouldn't
> buy with my disposable income (and I suspect that is what Tully means by
> "surplus").

> Carrol

Those Google Spnsored links that Gmail autogenerated from keywords on this thread relate to the Green Nazi thread as well. Chip, Chuck, Doug and I know too much about these, "National Anarchist, " "National Bolshevik" , "Third Position. " Che, Mao and Adolf lovin' neo-fascists. Sponsored Links National-anarchism A radical alternative to a globalized world. http://www.nationalanarchist.com Get Unemployment Benefits Not sure about unemployment benefits? We can help. http://www.thebeehive.org/jobs W Ketchup You don't support Democrats. Why should your ketchup? http://www.wketchup.com

-- Michael Pugliese