[lbo-talk] Re: worker freedom of choice

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sun Mar 27 19:18:42 PST 2005

At 12:48 PM -0500 27/3/05, tully wrote:

>But yes, I am saying
>that I believe that voluntary action can help improve our current bad
>situation. I learned that from the rightwing where I've found
>intense hatred of anything forced.

Not quite "anything". Never met anyone from the right who wasn't perfectly OK with economic force, as in "work for the boss, or starve." In fact the very notion that work might be voluntary for anyone but the rich is guaranteed to send them into a paroxysm of rage.

So their "hatred of anything forced" is quite selective. Hatred of anything forced on them, maybe. Hatred of the working class, more likely.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas