[lbo-talk] voluntary simplicity as secularized calvinism (or, the Great Cat Massacre of the Rue Saint-Severin?)

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 27 21:05:47 PST 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 11:34 pm, Carrol Cox wrote:
>I read "working class" in her posts as being a collective noun,
> merely a shorthand way of grouping people. And "capitalist" seemed
> to be used similarly. Hence I didn't see her as referring to any
> kind of relationship at all, symbiotic or otherwise. We'll see what
> she has to say on that.

Unfortunately, I have to admit to not understanding half of this talk that I'm reading as I have not studies Marx, Calvin, or the others that are being mentioned. Too many of the categories and labels used are unfamiliar to me. So I'm not sure what to say here. I tried to start a description of how I categorize such things, but it quickly got muddled and I had to delete it.

So I'm unsure of how to approach this difficulty.

--tully