[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill & 9-11

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 28 12:54:22 PST 2005

Chuck Munson:

> They ignore the more radical and profound interpretation
> of 9-11 as showing that the U.S. government is very
> vulnerable, even to a small conspiracy armed with
> weapons, a good plan, and plenty of zeal.
>
> This was my immediate take on 9-11 as I watched it
> unfold in DC at the time.

(Sigh.)

In case you haven't noticed, the US government has subsequently launched full-scale invasions of two countries, and if anything the most reactionary forces in the country were politically strengthened by the attack. At last count there were about 3,000 people "vulnerable" to "a small conspiracy armed with weapons, a good plan, and plenty of zeal." Whether the US GOVERNMENT was vulnerable to such a conspiracy is an undecided question -- at best.

But then again, you like Ward Churchill. And you also think that the US government is "vulnerable" to a tiny attempt at conspiracy armed with smelly streetcorner infoshops, no plan whatsoever ('cause that would be "authoritarian"), and plenty of hot air.