[lbo-talk] Slavoj's nuptials

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Mar 28 12:56:29 PST 2005

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Joanna:
>
> Very disappointing.
>
> ========================
>
> does this mean he married a woman who's not his intellectual
> peer so he won't be challenged?

Why do we assume that an underwear model must be intllectually lacking. There was an interesting article in Diacritics about 20 years ago that made a very good case that Marilyn Monroe could indeed read the books in her library -- which all of her biographers had scoffed at.

And I don't have the foggiest idea why this should be disappointing. What expectation does it frustrate? Do we assume some Platonic Form of The Marriage of The Intellectual? Geez.

Carrol