[lbo-talk] stats

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:29:25 PST 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>... There's a political angle to it as well. A few days ago, a veteran
>peace activist whom I admire quite a lot (I'm not mentioning his name
>because I didn't ask if it was ok to quote him) told me that one reason he
>thinks the antiwar movement has nearly died out is because of the brutality
>of the resistance. ...

This is why I sincerely hope neocon patron saint Leo Strauss is burning in hell and why I wouldn't mind seeing a video of chief warmonger Paul Wolfowitz getting his head sawed off. It takes a heap o' conniving to send a democracy off to an unjustified war, but once you've done that it's easy to keep the war going on and on and spread it wider and wider. There are always atrocities to keep the public outraged and supportive of the war, along with the mindless imperative to Support Our Troops.

Carl